Tuesday, April 15, 2008

17+ hours down...

...and really it's not been too constructive for me. Pro Tools doesn't like the way I work, in terms of effects and layering, and I'm not Mac-savvy enough to do anything about it, so it crashes on me regularly. About half way through layering my third track, which is a bouncy, erratic drum-machine based piece of nonsense (drum-machine built in the computer from assorted glass noises, of course...), and it'll bring my output up to a whopping....not even four minutes yet.

Oh well...I thoroughly enjoy working with limitations like the glass theme, I just wish I could articulate all the ideas I have with it through the technology I'm/we're using...

Still, it's to me by far a more interesting experience for a backpacker than sitting in hostels asking people 'how long have you been travelling for? where have you been?', and at least I'm awake, unlike some people who'll surely see this when they wake up...

No comments: